Columbia, Missouri Traffic Violation Lawyers
Although a traffic ticket may not seem like a major issue, it can still result in significant financial strain, loss of driving privileges and increased insurance premiums. A repeat offender may even face jail time! When convicted of a moving traffic violation, a specified number of points will be assigned to your license. After multiple points have accrued, you license can be revoked.
Our Criminal Defense Lawyers ProvidePersonalized Options And Practical Solutions
The experienced attorneys at Harper, Evans, Wade & Netemeyer can explain the options and consequences of traffic violations and work to keep points from accumulating on your license. Call us today to schedule a consultation with one of our lawyers at 573-442-1660.
It may seem unnecessary to hire an attorney for a traffic violation. However, our attorneys have extensive experience with the way different traffic offenses are handled within the Missouri legal system. This experience is extremely valuable in minimizing the damage a traffic ticket can cause.
We Represent Clients Facing All Missouri Traffic Violations
Our lawyers can assist you whether you are charged with a single traffic violation or several. We tailor our representation to the specifics of your situation. Some of the more common violations we handle are:
- Speeding : In Missouri, driving between 5 and 20 mph over the speed limit is a Class C misdemeanor. Driving more than 20 mph over the speed limit is a Class B misdemeanor. Speeding is not simply an infraction in Missouri. If you are planning to fight your speeding ticket, you will want to be represented by an attorney.
- Driving while revoked : While a first offense is a misdemeanor, punishable with a fine of up to $300, penalties for repeat offenders are serious. The sentence for a second or third conviction for this violation is up to a year in jail and a fine of up to $1,000.
- Careless and imprudent driving : This offense is punishable by up to a year in jail. It often arises in situations of road rage or vehicle accidents. Without quality representation, this offense can result in harsh punishment.
- Failure to yield to an emergency vehicle : If you are found in violation of this statute, you will have a Class A misdemeanor on your record. In Missouri, the status of emergency vehicle extends to park rangers and privately owned emergency vehicles.
- Texting while driving : Although texting while driving in Missouri is presently only illegal for drivers under 21 years old, the distraction of this practice can result in various other traffic violations for which you will want professional legal assistance.
- Failure to maintain financial responsibility (vehicle insurance): Driving without insurance in Missouri can earn you four points on your driving record or suspension of your driving privileges, among other penalties. An experienced attorney is your best chance at avoiding or minimizing these results.
- Running red lights/red light camera violation : Some traffic lights are now monitored by red light cameras, and most drivers do not believe they can challenge these tickets. Our attorneys know the challenges available to a red light camera violation.
Failure to fasten your seat belt : Wearing a seat belt is required by law in Missouri. However, the law affords several exceptions that may provide a skilled lawyer a basis for defending against the citation.
You Have The Right To Fight Your Ticket
Just because you received a traffic citation, doesn't mean you have to admit wrongdoing and pay the fine. Regardless of the violation, you can challenge your ticket and do so with the help of an attorney. One of our experienced lawyers will fight for you!
For more information on traffic violations, access revised statutes of the state of Missouri: http://www.moga.mo.gov/statutes/c304.htm.
At Harper, Evans, Wade & Netemeyer, your rights will be protected. You can count on our more than 100 years of combined experience to help you get the results you need.Contact our Columbia traffic attorneys at 573-442-1660 to schedule a consultation.